Year Group Information
Children learn best when they are happy, well motivated and actively involved in understanding the world around them. The quality of personal relationships and the caring atmosphere, which we try to create in school and on the playground, have important influences on our children’s achievements. Our aim is to ensure all children feel valued and that they develop a positive image of themselves. We believe every child has an equal opportunity to succeed and achieve their true potential. We have high expectations of every child in terms of learning, attitudes and behaviour. We aim to deliver a balanced curriculum, which not only provides essential knowledge and skills, but also promotes important spiritual, moral, social and cultural beliefs. Our goal is to prepare all pupils to be well-balanced citizens who live in an ever changing and demanding world.
Each curriculum area has a scheme of work, which outlines the precise content to be taught throughout each year in the school. Members of staff take responsibility for organising and overseeing the work of each subject area.
CURRICULUM MAPS FOR YEAR GROUPS - SPRING 2021:
We have put together our usual termly Curriculum Maps for each year group so that parents can see what the children are working on this term, whether it be in school or via remote learning.
- EYFS - Spring Term 1st Half 2021 - Curriculum Map.pdf
- EYFS - Spring Term 2nd Half 2021 - Curriculum Map.pdf
- YEAR 1 - Spring Term 2021 - Curriculum Map.pdf
- YEAR 2 - Spring Term 1st Half 2021 - Curriculum Map.pdf
- YEAR 2 - Spring Term 2nd Half 2021 - Curriculum Map.pdf
- YEAR 3 - Spring Term 2021 - Curriculum Map.pdf
- YEAR 4 - Spring Term 2021 - Curriculum Map.pdf
- YEAR 5 - Spring Term 2021 - Curriculum Map.pdf
- YEAR 6 - Spring Term 2021 - Curriculum Map.pdf
HOMEWORK PROJECTS, ALL YEAR GROUPS - 2ND HALF SPRING TERM 2021:
Please find each year group's homework project for the 2nd half of the Spring Term, whether your child is in school or remote learning. NB: The deadline for each project is given in the documents below. If your year group's project is not shown here, it will be communicated to you by the class teacher.